Providing an inclusive online experience for your website visitors is not only mandated by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it's also an opportunity to reach a wider audience and build a more inclusive online community. With over 2,500 accessibility-related lawsuits filed in recent years, there's never been a more critical time to audit your website for ADA compliance. In this class, you’ll learn common web accessibility barriers and straightforward WCAG-compliant solutions. Discover how an accessible website elevates the user experience for all visitors while setting you apart from competitors, boosting your search engine optimization (SEO), and enhancing your inclusive marketing strategy. Because the world wide web should be accessible to everyone!
Course Outline1. The basics and benefits of website accessibility
2. How to resolve common accessibility issues
3. Tools and resources to audit your website for ADA compliance
Attendees will learn how to:
• Decipher accessibility requirements under the Americans With Disabilities Act
• Identify and resolve common website accessibility barriers
• Create an accessibility statement for their website
• Stock their toolkit with tools and resources to maintain compliance
A Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.