The process of terminating an employee can be one of the most difficult aspects of being a manager/employee. Additionally, termination can cause legal and safety risks to the employees of the if business if not done correctly. This course will teach business owners and managers the best human resource management processes and procedures for employee termination.
- What are the different types of termination
- Preparing for termination:
b. Employee's point of view
c. Survivors care
- Avoiding Legal risks
- The big day:
a. Securing records/passwords
b. Physical safety of everyone
c. Support for employee
- Review and wrap up
- be able to define, identify, and apply the four types of termination commonly used by Human Resource Managers.
- be able to analyze what preparatory work will need to be done for the termination. This includes designing an appropriate exit interview with human resources or the manager.
- be able to formulate a communication plan that addresses the remaining employees' needs and preserves the company's culture.
- be able to identify the main government employment enforcement agencies and apply core legal concepts to their procedures regarding termination and be able to evaluate risks and concerns surrounding the termination processes.
- be able to better analyze the risks and concerns surrounding workplace violence, and be able to design and execute appropriate safety policies during the process of employee termination.
- learn what post-termination support is applicable and appropriate, and what public support is required and/or available to the terminated employee.