Less than 50 percent of small businesses have their financing needs met.
If thinking about financing your small business makes your head spin, we’re here to help. Join us for Myths and Realities of Small Business Funding.
This program will cover the new State Small Business Credit Initiative program, designed to support small business’ access to capital, in addition to covering other various types of financing including: conventional bank loans, SBA-guaranteed loans, private equity, specialty lending programs and grant funding.
Our facilitators will delve into the common myths and misconceptions surrounding the financing of small businesses and provides a comprehensive understanding of the realities entrepreneurs face.
Through a combination of guided facilitation and class participation, participants will explore various financing options, debunk prevalent misconceptions, and gain practical insights into the various ways of financing a successful small business.
- Types of capital
- Sources of capital
- Demystifying the lending & borrowing process
- Understanding business & personal credit
- Traditional & non-traditional financing options
- Grants – the promise of free money
- Getting loan ready
By the end of the class, participants will:
- Have a thorough understanding of various avenues of financing their small business
- Have the ability to determine the advantages and disadvantages of the different forms of capital as it relates to their business
- Be able to analyze their business from a lender’s perspective
- Have a high-level understanding of how to create the BIG three financial statements as well as a Personal Financial Statement
- Have knowledge of the various specialty lending programs available through the State Small Business Credit Initiative