One of the challenges faced by a business owner is deciding if a worker should be classified as an independent contractor or an employee. This webinar will focus on the information that needs to be considered when trying to make this decision. Topics covered include definitions of each classification, resources to help an employer make the decision and updates on recent regulations. Business owners who are looking for information and resources on classifying workers should attend.
- Definition of an Independent Contractor & a W-2 Employee
- Pros and Cons of Independent Contractors versus Employees
- Internal Revenue Service guidelines
- Penalties for misclassifying an employee as an independent contractor
- Resources and recent updates
- Attendees will learn more about the areas to consider when classifying workers.
- Attendees will be given information on resources to help with the decision-making to determine independent contractor versus employee.