In this class we will define the key financial statements for a business and how to use them to make your business more stable and successful. Since each business segment has different levels of risk and outside forces that can impact the business – we will cover how to identify and use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your specific industry. We will identify and discuss different types of financing options and which are the most appropriate for your business. We will also talk about alternative forms of financing including the potential for Employee Stock Option Plans (ESOPs) for your business.
- What are the Key Financial Metrics for your Business and what do they mean?
- Determining which Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are important to monitor
- Uses of financial business projections – internal and external
- What will you need to raise capital and what is the difference between equity and debt
- Benchmarking your business – why you need to do it
- Alternatives for funding your business – big and small
- Attendees should gain an understanding of the three financial statements – what they mean and how they are related
- Gain an understanding of what the KPIs are for their business/market and how to monitor them
- Gain an understanding of the types of investors and what they are looking for from their investment
- Understand the value of benchmarking their business to help make their business more valuable
A Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
Applies Towards the Following Series
- GrowthMastery Series : Purchase all 5 for a Discounted Price