“Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion.” – Simon Sinek
In this class we will provide information on the current workforce and what motivates employees to stay with or leave an organization. It should not be a surprise that the ‘COVID effect’ has changed employee attitudes. We will also look at Employee Lifecycle phase and a concept called Employee Lifetime Value (ELTV) and what businesses and managers can do to maximize it. The course will include data and recommendations from extensive annual studies on employee retention and engagement. We will tie these studies back to how you can learn to use this information increase your ELTV.
- What is the current attitude of the overall workforce
- How has COVID and other factors impacted employee behavior and engagement
- What is the Employee Lifecycle and Employee Lifetime Value (ELTV)
- What can you do as a business manager to increase employee engagement and ELTV
- Gain an understanding of the dynamics of the current workforce and how it impacts your business
- Understand what motivates employees
- Gain an understanding of the Employee Lifecycle and how to maximize the value of the employee to the business
- Get an understanding of what you can do to improve employee engagement and begin developing a plan to implement it
A Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
Applies Towards the Following Series
- GrowthMastery Series : Purchase all 5 for a Discounted Price