0441 - Leveraging Your Small Business Certification to Win in the Federal Marketplace Part 2
Every year the federal government spends roughly $550B on products and services. This class provides an overview of the activities necessary to prepare, pursue and WIN federal contracts using proven strategies and processes that work!
Is your company READY to do business with federal agencies? Have you been in business for 2 years having generated annual revenues. Can you provide the products or services these agencies are typically looking for? How do you know? If so, do you have an active SAM.gov registration? Is your company approved for one of the following SBA certifications: WOSB, EDWOSB, 8(a) program, HUBZone, VetCert? (Or thinking of applying?)
Learn more about these topics and how to leverage your federal small business certifications to win in the federal marketplace!
- Identifying bid opportunities for your company: Developing your winning criteria!
- Developing an effective team (i.e., partners, alliances) needed to WIN
- Closing the deal to WIN: Opportunity evaluation and capture management approaches.
- Delivering your company’s promise: Key project execution best practices…so you can win AGAIN!!
- An understanding of the typical federal procurement lifecycle.
- Using federal market resources to help identify contracting opportunities and develop your capture management strategies - to WIN more opportunities.
- How to align federal small business certifications to pursue federal contracts and subcontracts - and key best practices for delivering on your company’s promise.
NotesA Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
- Schedule your (one on one) no-cost working session(s) with SBDC to create your ACTION PLAN and implement what you’ve learned
- Make plans to attend matchmaking events, summits such as:
- UGA Morehouse Federal Contracting Summit
- SBA Match making event
- Other events