- BBA, UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA (Risk Management and Insurance)
- MBA, UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA (Business Administration)
Too many businesses operate without a plan. It's easy to get distracted or not know the true impact of your activities. Strategic planning is the highest level of planning and is used to set goals and objectives for the organization as a whole. It is a process of defining a company's direction and making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this direction. This workshop guides business owners and managers through the process of strategic planning.
This is session 1 of the Business Growth Essentials Series. It can be taken as part of the series or independently. To review or purchase other courses in the series, Click Here.
- Defining the organization's vision, mission, and values
- Conducting a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats)
- Setting goals and objectives
- Developing a strategic plan
- Implementing and monitoring the strategic plan
- Strategic decision-making and problem-solving
- Analyze the internal and external environment of a company to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Set clear and measurable goals and objectives for the organization.
- Develop an action plan to achieve those goals and objectives.
- Implement the strategic plan and monitor progress.
- Make adjustments to the strategic plan as needed based on changing circumstances.
- Understand the importance of leadership and change mangement in the strategic planning process
NotesA Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
Applies Towards the Following Series
- Business Growth Essentials Series : Business Growth Essentials Series