UGA SBDC at University of West Georgia presents its first annual Women in Business event!
#Nofilter is a common hashtag on social media for pictures that have not been altered with any kind of filter or visual enhancement. Since #Nofilter is from the heart, we want to bring women business owners together so they can be real and raw in support of each other.
Come be encouraged, inspired, motivated, and equipped to venture further into your entrepreneurial journey as a woman and business owner. This is an opportunity to connect with like-minded women in business who share similar visions, goals, and challenges. The entrepreneur lifestyle can get tough at times. We hope this event will be a steppingstone for networking within our community; an opportunity to unveil our need to make others see like we have it all together, and a launching pad to equip your business toolbelt with more tools.
You will learn from a variety of highly esteemed women entrepreneurs and leaders in our surrounding communities. Come engage with our University of West Georgia's first lady, Dr. Tressa Kelly as she presents Empowering Mentorship. Learn from our local thriving business owners like Allison Key with Spa316, Alison Grooms with Jules and James, Dr. Hope Udombon of Dr. Hope Solutions, Anna Patterson of Velvet Hammer Artistry, Dr. Deborah Blake-Johnson known as The Time Management DIVE, Nora Guzman from the UGA Small Business Development Center in Rome, and more. With our featured speakers and guests, we know you will not want to miss this premier event!
We invite all women entrepreneurs no matter what stage their business is in, from in business to the woman who is just getting her ideas on paper. We look forward to meeting you!
- Welcome and Introductions at the City Station Conference Area
- UGA SBDC and UWG Representatives
- Taking Risks as an Entrepreneur/ Authentic Storytelling
- Grow Your Business by Pricing for real profit
- The Real Ones: Hear from women who have the good, bad, and raw to share of their entrepreneur journeys
- Marketing Strategies for success
- Getting Started in business and growing your business
- Success Stories and the hard times
- Finding a positive work-life balance
- Women in Leadership-Leading with Confidence
- Empowering Mentorship
- Identify your why for what you do
- Learn how to tell YOUR story to YOUR audience with Realness
- Determine what your business needs to grow and how to do it
- Receive insight on how to be a confident business woman and leader
- Take away ideas on how you and your business can reach more people in the community through networking, mentorship, and authenticity
A Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.