This course is designed for existing small business owners considering applying for certification in the U.S. Small Business Administration 8(a) Business Development Program.
The goal of the session is to enhance the knowledge of how to apply and be accepted into the 8(a) program, consistent with the program requirements and guidelines.
This class will be presented in a way to demystify the myths about the 8(a) program and outline a practical process for the potential applicant.
- A clear understanding of program entry requirements
- 8(a) checklists and guidelines to follow when applying
- Sample narratives on how to demonstrate a socially dis-advantage claim
- Overview and examples of why companies are denied entry
- The latest and up-to-date news concerning the 8(a) program
- Gain insights into the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program application process.
- Understand the perspective of what SBA looks for when reviewing applications
- Identify strategies to think about to get the most out of the 8(a) program