Are you a small business owner in Georgia looking to GROW your business into federal, state, or local contracting - as a prime or subcontractor? This session will provide you with information pertaining to contracting assistance programs or socio-economic certifications you can leverage. Public sector examples include WOSB, SDB, 8(a), HUB Zone, VOSB/SDVOSB, and DBE. If your business looking to expand into (major) corporate contracting by leveraging supplier diversity initiatives - with a WBE and/or MBE certification. Or, if you are interested in learning how to do business with GDOT, attend this introductory program to understand the typical procurement process and how you can more efficiently gain a foothold in federal contracting.
- Myths, realities, and challenges with Government Contracts
- How to position your company to pursue contracts with the Georgia Department of Transportation GDOT
- How to determine which Certification is better for you.
- How contracting assistance programs and socio-economic certifications help?
- Navigating key eligibility and registration requirements.
- Overview of Public and Private sector certifications: federal, state, local. Examples include WOSB, SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, VOSB/SDVOSB, DBE, some local/county or municipal approaches, Minority Business Enterprise MBE and Woman Business Enterprise WBE certifications.
- Tips on leveraging certifications and business development considerations.
- Understand the key components to enter, grow and prosper in Government contracting.
- Identify the different types of certifications available and how to determine which one to pursue.
- How to do business with GDOT.
- Proposal Best Practices for Small to Midsize Government Contractors.