This course will provide critical information for restaurant owners and managers to understand the components of managing food and labor cost. It is designed to help you understand how to calculate ideal food cost to know what food cost should be if everything purchased is prepared and sold. Understanding how to calculate ideal food cost is critical to food cost management. Additionally, attendees will learn how to calculate actual food cost, using proper inventory management. Finally, attendees will learn how to determine proper labor requirements and how to create work schedules to efficiently deploy labor dollars.
- Overview of managing food cost.
- What is ideal food cost?
- What is actual food cost?
- How do I manage them?
- How do I use proper inventory methods?
- Overview of labor management.
- Discuss how to schedule and manage labor.
- Attendees will learn how to calculate their ideal food cost.
- Attendees will learn proper inventory procedures.
- Attendees will learn how to calculate their actual food cost.
- Attendees will understand how to calculate time needed for tasks.
- Attendees will learn how to schedule labor.