“Great Foundations” is Part 1 of the Balance Sheets & Beyond three-part class series – each class a building block towards the development of a strong financial foundation, an understanding of the numbers and financial statements that drive business decisions, and strategies for using financial statements as a business management tool. Spreadsheet tools will be provided to ensure participants learn by doing – allowing businesses to apply lessons learned from each session to their own financial situation.
Whether your business is new or up-and-running, you may be on shaky financial grounds and/or at the mercy of your CPA or bookkeeper when it comes to understanding and managing your business finances. This course will cover the core principles required to successfully manage the finances of your enterprise and keep your business stable and successful.
- The concept and importance of financial management for your small business
- Financing strategies for startups, business growth and working capital
- Budgeting best practices for tracking expenses, planning, managing growth and profit
- Financial management practices and tools that are available and commonly used, and how to get started
- Bookkeeping strategies related to financing, taxes, owner’s draw, and even retirement
- An understanding of the financial management concepts that will drive business stability and growth
- Best practices and tools for budgeting, bookkeeping, and managing cash flow
- Create/utilize an accurate system for managing financial information
- Set up systems to generate accurate financial statements on a regular basis
NotesA Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
The "Balance Sheets & Beyond" series is the Path to Managing Your Small Business Finances. The course divided into three classes:
- Building Your Business Financial Foundation
- Understanding and Managing Your Financial Statements
- Using Your Financial Statements to Make Better Business Decisions
Enroll in all three classes and save 15%.