"Tools for Better Decision Making” is Part 3 of the Balance Sheets & Beyond three-part class series – each class a building block towards the development of a strong financial foundation, an understanding of the numbers and financial statements that drive business decisions, and strategies for using financial statements as a business management tool. Spreadsheet tools will be provided to ensure participants learn by doing – allowing businesses to apply lessons learned from each session to their own financial situation.
Recognizing and understanding financial statements is the not the same as using the information as a tool to make decisions. This class is designed to help business owners and managers take their newfound financial understanding to the next level. It’s for those who want to learn about the methods of using financial statements as a tool to develop business strategies as well as keep tabs on the health of their business.
- Understand what the data really says about your business
- Improve profits, utilizing financial data as your management tool
- Catch mistakes before they hurt your business
- Make adjustments in order to cover future plans
- Avoid losing money to fraud
- Assess the current position of your business through financial reports
- Understand key financial statement ratios related to liquidity, asset management, profitability, debt management/coverage and risk/market valuation.
- Set financial goals for the current and next fiscal year, as well as long-term.
NotesA Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
The "Balance Sheets & Beyond" series is the Path to Managing Your Small Business Finances. The course divided into three classes:
- Building Your Business Financial Foundation
- Understanding and Managing Your Financial Statements
- Using Your Financial Statements to Make Better Business Decisions
Enroll in all three classes and save 15%