0133 - StartSmart Columbus
SBDC StartSmart was developed by the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center. This year’s program is tailored to being held virtually to facilitate virtual discussion, class engagement, & mastery of content. Participation in StartSmart will also allow access to online business planning software. The program is facilitated by specially trained SBDC consultants and a long-term relationship with the SBDC and follow-up consulting is available and encouraged.
Whether you are a new business (in business 2 years or less), or are still in the planning phase, building a business takes the right tools—and a lot of hard work. SBDC StartSmart will equip you to be successful!
SBDC StartSmart helps attendees to:
• Evaluate & refine your business concept
• Improve your knowledge of business concepts
• Research markets and competition
• Develop a financial forecast to improve chances of success
• Develop a thorough, practical business plan
Eight modules cover critical issues for new businesses:
MODULE 1: Business Success – How do we get there?
MODULE 2: Opportunity & Solutions
MODULE 3: Marketing for Success
MODULE 4: Digital Marketing & Online Strategies
MODULE 5: Navigating Human Resources
MODULE 6: Operations & Managing by the Numbers
MODULE 7: Management with a Plan
MODULE 8: Plan, Run, Review, Revise
Owning your own business is the American dream. Building it to withstand the test of time requires a unique set of tools. SBDC StartSmart™ provides the resources, support, and motivation to put your dream within reach.
SBDC StartSmart provides the tools to:
• Evaluate your concept and develop plans to move forward.
• Improve knowledge of business fundamentals.
• Build an infrastructure for business operations and processes.
SBDC StartSmart graduates acquire:
• An actionable business plan and access to business planning software
• Access to financial and business resources.
• A network of entrepreneurial peers and professionals.