Have you ever asked yourself, "do I need job descriptions?", "do I need employee handbooks?", "do I understand the differences between a W-2 employee and a 1099 contractor?", "do I know how to appropriately screen and interview candidates?". This webinar will address these questions and more, as well as additional best practices for business owners to consider in creating HR blueprints.
- Overview of Employment Structure (W-2 or 1099)
- Interviewing & On-boarding Guidelines
- The Importance of an Employee Handbook
- Compensation Structures
- Why Job Descriptions Matter
- General Best Practices & Tips
- Q & A
Learner OutcomesKey Takeaways include, but are not limited to:
- Creating procedures to hire and retain qualified employees
- Understanding the importance of an effective job description for each position & how to create.
- How to use employee evaluations to improve effectiveness
- How to implement the appropriate compensation structure
- Using templates for creating employee handbooks and other applicable documents
A Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.