Have you considered becoming a business owner by acquiring an existing business? Or do you own a business and looking to expand by acquisition? This program is for you! Business acquisition is an increasingly popular, viable, and sought-after way to become your own boss, or to quickly grow the business you already own.
The 3-hour class will include:
- Instruction by UGA Small Business Development Center experts
- Presentation by bankers experienced in financing business acquisitions
- A facilitated panel discussion of entrepreneurs who recently successfully acquired Middle Georgia businesses
- Q&A opportunities with all the above
- Why Buy a Business?
- Locating a Business to Acquire
- Is It a Good Deal?
- What Are the Key Terms?
- What Am I Missing?
- What Help Do I Need?
- How Do I Finance the Deal?
- Panel discussion with successful business acquirers
- The important considerations for buying vs. starting a business
- Techniques and processes to help locate a business to acquire
- A financial approach that helps determine if it’s a good deal for you
- Resources to help in negotiating the purchase
- Basic principles and requirements for financing the acquisition