The Prime Development Program (PDP) is designed for executives of emerging companies with:
At least two years of ongoing operations, and
A strong desire to conduct business with the government or large corporations.
The Program includes high powered training sessions designed to arm business owners with dynamic skills and increase opportunities for success.
Module 1: Strategic Growth Planning & Execution
What is your strategic growth plan? Learn a core framework on how to plan and execute for strategic growth. Elements include:
• Business model analysis
• Strategic growth planning process
• Execution and monitoring approaches
• Identifying your support team
Module 2: Navigating the Opportunity Landscape & Teaming Strategies
What are core considerations of your ‘Go-to Market’ strategy? Learning elements include:
• Corporate & Federal procurement: identifying opportunities and the ‘right fit,’ navigating typical procurement process
• Teaming strategies in B2B or B2G
• Leveraging small business certifications like MBE, WBE, WOSB, DBE, SDB, etc.
Module 3: Market Positioning & Pitching Your Value Proposition
How have you framed your Go-to-Market approach? Elements include:
• Strategic positioning in business development and networking
• Effective capability statements & pitching
• Digital marketing approaches
Module 4: Financial Capability Readiness
Understand financial implications for project execution, and financial stability to acquire and maintain contracts. Gain added insight to cash flow management strategies to work in private or public sectors on contracting engagements. Elements include:
• Level-setting: Core financial, accounting concepts
• Cash flow management strategies: B2B and B2G
• Procurement considerations
• Financing strategies & access to capital
Module 5: Delivering the Business Value Proposition: Built to Scale?
Are you building the core business infrastructure (team, systems, etc.) to deliver your value proposition at scale? Learning elements include:
• Strategic considerations in staffing & org
• Structure, outsourcing/vendor selecting
• Management, technology for management/ Control systems
• Continuous improvement & innovation
• Maintaining quality at scale
- Creating a customized strategic planning process for your firm.
- Developing key processes for executing your strategic plan.
- Identifying the core value proposition for your capability statement.
- Participating in high powered training sessions outlined below.
- Instruction under faculty direction of the UGA SBDC and guest instructors.
A Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
"For me, the PDP program has comprehensively developed my competency as a business owner! The shared experiences of each participant coupled with the subject matter as a whole has furnished me with the tools I needed for my business to expand its capacity by optimizing people, process and performance." ~ Terrence Spencer, CEO of Spenergy, LLC