Whether you are a new business (in business 2 years or less), or are still in the planning phase, building a business takes the right tools—and a lot of hard work. SBDC StartSmart will equip you to be successful!
SBDC StartSmart helps attendees to:
- Evaluate & refine your business concept
- Improve your knowledge of business concepts
- Research markets and competition
- Develop a financial forecast to improve chances of success
- Develop a thorough, practical business plan
Eight modules cover critical issues for new businesses:
MODULE 1: Business Success- How do we get there?
MODULE 2: Opportunity & Solutions
MODULE 3: Marketing for Success
MODULE 4: Digital Marketing & Online Strategies MODULE 5: Navigating Human Resources
MODULE 6: Operations & Managing by the Numbers MODULE 7: Management with a Plan
MODULE 8: Plan, Run, Review, Revise
SBDC StartSmart programs include 16 hours of instruction delivered over a period of four
weeks. Sessions will be held once a week for 4 hours each.
Owning your own business is the American dream. Building it to withstand the test of time requires a unique set of tools. SBDC StartSmart™ provides the resources, support, and motivation to put your dream within reach.
SBDC StartSmart provides the tools to:
- Evaluate your concept and develop plans to move forward.
- Improve knowledge of business fundamentals.
- Build an infrastructure for business operations and processes.
SBDC StartSmart graduates acquire:
- An actionable business plan and access to business planning software
- Access to financial and business resources.
- A network of entrepreneurial peers and professionals.