Up to 14% of projects are not completed on time or on budget. Does this affect profits? Absolutely! This course delivers the principles and real-world application methods of a Project Management approach tailored to small-and-medium-sized businesses. General Contractors and other project-based businesses can benefit most from this workshop, but any business owner dealing with projects will find it just as valuable.
- Let's define projects and why they need to be managed well
- A clear set of customer expectations: The first step aka The Project Charter
- Creating the Project Plan. How involved should the customer be?
- What if the situation changes, as it probably will?
- After getting good at it, how can we leverage Project Management skills?
- Increased awareness of advanced Project Management practices.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Ability to start implementing the recommended Project Management methodology.
- Insights on how properly managing projects impacts revenue, profit, and long-term viability.
A Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.