SBDC StartSmart was developed by the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center. This year’s program is tailored to being held virtually to facilitate virtual discussion, class engagement, & mastery of content. Participation in StartSmart will also allow access to online business planning software. The program is facilitated by specially trained SBDC consultants and a long-term relationship with the SBDC and follow-up consulting is available and encouraged.
Whether you are a new business (in business 2 years or less), or are still in the planning phase, building a business takes the right tools—and a lot of hard work. SBDC StartSmart will equip you to be successful!
SBDC StartSmart helps attendees to:
- Evaluate & refine your business concept
- Improve your knowledge of business concepts
- Research markets and competition
- Develop a financial forecast to improve chances of success
- Develop a thorough, practical business plan
Eight modules cover critical issues for new businesses:
- MODULE 1: Business Success – How do we get there?
- MODULE 2: Opportunity & Solutions
- MODULE 3: Marketing for Success
- MODULE 4: Digital Marketing & Online Strategies
- MODULE 5: Navigating Human Resources
- MODULE 6: Operations & Managing by the Numbers
- MODULE 7: Management with a Plan
- MODULE 8: Plan, Run, Review, Revise
SBDC StartSmart programs include 16 hours of instruction delivered over a period of four weeks. Sessions will be held twice a week for 2 hours each.
Owning your own business is the American dream. Building it to withstand the test of time requires a unique set of tools. SBDC StartSmart™ provides the resources, support, and motivation to put your dream within reach.
SBDC StartSmart provides the tools to:
- Evaluate your concept and develop plans to move forward.
- Improve knowledge of business fundamentals.
- Build an infrastructure for business operations and processes.
SBDC StartSmart graduates acquire:
- An actionable business plan and access to business planning software
- Access to financial and business resources.
- A network of entrepreneurial peers and professionals.