Did You Know?
Cyber-crime costs the US Economy close to $100 billion per year, and the Global Economy over $500 billion per year. The average bill to "fix" a fraudulent occurrence is as much as $30,000, which most small businesses do not have budgeted. When data is compromised, the expenses and loss of customer trust often lead to small businesses going out of business. Personal safety is also compromised via cyber-crime, as over three-fourths of sexual predators are active on the internet each day. As you hear from Cyber Security Center professionals, learn what ignoring cyber security may cost you.
- Monetary Considerations of Cyber Crime
- Intangible Considerations of Cyber Crime
- Other Considerations of Cyber Crime
• Have numerical data reflecting the costs associated with unsecured data and other types of cyber security breaches
• Identify lapses in their own businesses that have led to or may lead to data and cyber security issues.
• Takeaway at least three options to further research or implement to begin securing sensitive information within their business and/or their business partners/employees.