This webinar will explore and challenge the business owner/IT professional to better understand the DoD information security requirements within NIST SP 800-171, R2 and CMMC. It will help position their company to better prepare and be ready for complying with current and future Department of Defense (DoD) cybersecurity requirements necessary to bid on DoD contract opportunities.
- Background: How did we get to where we are now with cybersecurity and government contracting?
- Requirements: What are the expectations within NIST SP 800-171, Rev. 2?
- Compliance: How do we meet the current Department of Defense cybersecurity requirements?
- Ongoing Changes – CMMC: What is the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) and how do we comply?
- Be able to clarify the necessity to comply with current and future government contracting cybersecurity for their business
- Be able to describe what NIST SP 800-171, R2 is and how it applies to their business
- Be able to explain the risk of the False Claims Act (FCA) in relation to cybersecurity and bidding on a Department of Defense contract
- Be able to cite the process to load a company’s basic cybersecurity assessment to the Supplier Performance Risk System (SPRS) site
- Know how to access the requirements by level of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) requirements and determine which level applies to their business