Small businesses are important to the growth and success of Georgia’s economy. They provide economic opportunity by offering greater access to business support services, education, and jobs for owners and employees. Government agencies know that directing spend to small businesses for the purchase of items and equipment that support their mission, research or initiative is a great way to support small businesses.
Most government agencies offer a good deal of information about how to do business with them and list upcoming opportunities. However, the process to sell to the government can be bombarded with requirements that are difficult for a seller to understand, respond to and follow.
To help navigate through the state procurement process, the Department of Administrative Services (DOAS) is excited to present a virtual series of readiness workshops that are targeted to the small business community. These workshops will intertwine the procurement process with essential small business development training on how to increase your business core capability and capacity. Through collaborative efforts with educational partner, the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center Minority Business Development (UGA SBDC MBD), our small business partners and industry experts, DOAS will be able to provide information to small business participants on how to implement human resources, insurance bonding, and other financial considerations that may improve business efficiency in order to achieve its state government contract goals.
- Day 1: Contract Opportunities, Marketing & Research Strategies
- Day 2: Business Operations Strategies
- Day 3: Business Operations Strategies
- Day 4: Procurement Business Development Strategies
- Day 5: Financial Management Strategies
- Day 6: Small Business Readiness Checklist, Connections & Executive Summary
- Day 7: Ceremonial Module: Networking and Small Business Readiness Certificate
- Supplier registration requirements
- Connecting with key partners and purchasing professionals
- Marketing strategies
- Do’s and Don’ts for submitting bids
- Elements of government contracting
- Understanding procurement opportunities
- Purchasing methods & Using P-cards
- Most common attributes of awarded suppliers
- Available resources to small businesses and more!