Are you a business owner considering a pivot into federal contracting? Is your current business model ready to expand into government procurement? This introductory class outlines a strategic approach for business owners looking to gain a foothold in federal contracting. The class also offers an overview of related small business certifications.
- Federal opportunity landscape
- Navigating the procurement process (introductory overview):
- Strategic positioning for the small business entrant
- Registration and key certifications
- Identifying contract opportunities
- Business development considerations
- Pointers on teaming and leveraging certifications
Gain an understanding about notable challenges for a typical small business entrant to the federal marketplace and now to navigate these challenges:
- High-level roadmap of the federal procurement process for a small business including a synopsis on registration and key contracting assistance programs.
- Pivoting into federal contracting: Is the current business model adaptable?
- Strategic positioning: Does the entrant have the look-and-feel of a credible federal contractor?
- How to identify contract opportunities.
- Preliminary business development considerations.
- How certifications and teaming can help cultivate an initial foothold in the federal marketplace.