- BBA, UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA (Risk Management and Insurance)
- MBA, UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA (Business Administration)
Are you thinking about becoming your own boss? Our Starting a Business Course covers all areas that are involved in starting your own business. This class will cover important tools and resources a business owner needs to establish a solid foundation during its early formative years. Often, new business owners "don't know what they don't know". This class will equip you to be able to ask all the right questions as you are planning and forming your brand new business.
- Getting Started
- Is your Business Idea Feasible?
- Financing Your Business
- Building Your Team
- Operating Your Business Legally
- Putting it all Together
- Detailed understanding of how to determine the feasibility of your business idea or framework using market research and competitive analysis
- Basic knowledge of how to estimate start-up expenses for your business and overview of options for start-up financing, and requirements to pursue financing options
- Ability to differentiate between different legal structure options for business formation
- Overview of important individuals to include on your team when making plans and executing business formation
The UGA Small Business Development Center is a Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
"I was referred by a business owner and as a new business owner, I wish I had this experience 12 months ago when I started. So, I am so grateful. I feel like other business owners new and old can use any of the tips and tools shared in this session. There is a wealth of information that was well presented."
"This webinar was extremely useful for me as I plan to open my own business in the next 4-6 weeks. Thank you SBDC for providing this information in a clear, concise, applicable manner!"