Canada is Georgia’s #1 customer and sells more to Georgia than it sells to Mexico: be part of that strong bilateral relationship and take advantage of the new market trends and export opportunities in Canada.
GDEcD’s Trade Representatives in Canada will provide Georgia exporters with an update on what they can achieve in Canada and will review the latest market trends, opportunities and disruption brought by new business environments created by the pandemic. A key component of a successful endeavor in Canada is understanding the right business model for the Canadian market, as such this webinar will review useful key elements such as Non-Resident Importer, Franchising and Intellectual Property issues.
- Opening & Introduction by Maxine Bier & Ludovic Ortuno
- Role of GDEcD and the Canadian Office, upcoming trade events in Canada and assistance and support from Atlanta and Montréal.
- Market Opportunities in Canada: Trends, COVID-19 and Opportunities
- Ludovic Ortuno, Managing Director, State of Georgia – Canada
- How to smarten your growth in Canada: IP, Franchises and NRI.
- Frédérique Lissoir, Partner, Propulsio360 (TENTATIVE)
- Q&A, Next steps
Participants of this webinar will be able to:
- Identify new prospects for their product or service in Canada
- Recognize market trends and new opportunities created by the pandemic
- Understand Canada’s current business environment
- Hone their Canada market entry and growth strategy
A Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.